I’m currently at Hoglund Ballpark watching the Lawrence Raiders play Arkansas City when we got a delay due to someone tripping a circuit breaker…. we lost the lights. Ouch.
* Got a new pair of size 42 Birkenstocks as a birthday present. Maybe I found the question of Life, the Universe, and everything.
* Got pictures of 5 different trains.
* Forced three of those trains to slow down at the Ohio Terrace crossing when I noticed that the crossing wasn’t working right (one of the gates stayed down and the red lights continued to stay on after the second train had passed. I called the crossing in to BNSF)
* Went to my cousin Cyrus’s birthday party
Still to come: Baseball 🙂
When I bought my 2001 Town & Country, one of the things I found out about it off the bat was that it was a “flex fuel” vehicle, meaning it could run on E85 fuel. I had not had an opportunity to take advantage of that fact until last night.
I found out through the website of the National Ethanol Vehicle Collation that there was a E85 station within reasonable distance of my daily commute route…. at a Conoco-branded station on the corner of Kansas City Road and Ridgeview in Olathe.
E85 was 2.499…. the best price for Regular unleaded that I’m aware of is 2.899.
The owners of the locak Zarco Phillips 66 Chain plan on adding a bio-fuel station at a former Wood Oil/Citgo station next to their current site at 9th and Iowa.
* First off, the place that I have called home for the past 17 years is Up for sale. Most of my free time has been spent keeping the place clean in making improvements here and there. There was a Open House on Saturday, which meant we had to evacuate for the afternoon. Inquiries about the house should go to Lawrence Reality.
* I just put new tires on the van, after noticing that my rear tires were almost to the end of their life. However, I still feel a throbbing sound when I hit the brakes, therefore, that’s the next thing that’s going to be checked.
* I had a little run in with a pole in the parking garage a while back. The “little ding” it caused was worth $1,500-2,000 in repairs. I’ve got the insurance check, I just need to give it to the body shop for about a week.
* The current game plan remains that we will be on vacation in Colorado during the 2nd week in July. If the house hasn’t sold yet, I’m sure that the Realtor will take the opportunity to show the house a couple times, and maybe have another open house. The plan is to go in my van, which is why the tires and brakes need to be in tip-top condition.